Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300e, 1999 s500
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to fix a few pieces of my interior and I am having a hard time finding the correct color for the parts. I am hoping someone else has been through this. See my Interior color code is 265a and it says leather mushroom. The problem is that my interior has 3 different colors. The dash and top of the doors is like a mushroom color, the seats are like a champagne color and the carpet and some other panels are a light parchment color. I need the dash color and the seat color so I can do my steering wheel and my arm rest and seat. I have tried med prairie tan, lt buckskin, med parchment, light oak. And even if I go on those fancy leather sites, my code doesnt match lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1994 S600 Coupe, 1995 S600 Coupe
2,009 Posts
I found SEM 15143, Sandstone, is a close match to use on plastics for parchment/mushroom/champignon. Mushroom/parchment/champignon are supposed to be the same color afaik. I used Leather Magic MB461, Parchment, to dye some leather Exclusive visors, again a close match. The dash and tops of the doors are sort of brownish black. I don't know what that code is.

However, given the age of these cars and varying exposure to sun, getting an exact match for anything is luck. If you take a sample not exposed to the sun, you will end up dying everything if you color match to that sample. Plastics exposed to sun in this color turn darker with time. Good luck.

·
Registered
1990 300e, 1999 s500
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know about those names being the same color, but I know that I have 3 different colors in my interior. And only one interior color code on the vin decoder

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I dont know about those names being the same color, but I know that I have 3 different colors in my interior. And only one interior color code on the vin decoder
Right. I have the same code (or had until I put in an Exclusive interior). In EPC, if you want to buy a particular part, the 265a code leads you to yet another code that is added on to the part number to get that part in the right color.

I know champignon is a term for the common edible mushroom when it's immature and off-white. I think Mercedes called it mushroom in North America, and champignon elsewhere.

Try the two colors I gave you. I painted a couple of plastic pieces with the SEM paint, and they were dead on for parts not aged by the sun. The leather dye is very close to the seat leather. Again, I don't know what the upper door panels and dash are. BTW, don't try using leather dye on plastic, or vice versa. Doesn't work well. And the leather dye has to be put on with extremely thin coats, or it runs.

·
Registered
1990 300e, 1999 s500
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thing is I dont need the color for the plastics, I need that dash color and the color of the seats/center armrest. I will have to check the visors and see what color they are

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
EPC is a very large computer program (over 25 gb) which is the dealer computer system for parts for all Mercedes models. Mhhauto.com, or cartechnology.co.uk will give you links using torrents.

It doesn't give you color codes as such. It gives you add ons to the part numbers for ordering parts in the right colors.

The parchment leather color I gave you is the seat/visors/console, etc. color. Don't have one for the dash.

·
Registered
1990 300e, 1999 s500
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still cant figure out the darn color for the dash and door panels. Why is this so hard? Trying to find a can of sem classic coat sandstone also amazon has every color except

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Still cant figure out the darn color for the dash and door panels. Why is this so hard? Trying to find a can of sem classic coat sandstone also amazon has every color except
Try a local store that specializes in automotive paint. I also found it at one locally owned auto parts store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts