Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
I've never seen that kind of rear TV before on the S-Class!!

The wheels look like they've been blown up several times and caught in a huge fire. lol

·
Registered
2006 S55 renntech stage 4
38 Posts
Interesting rear seat tv.. I went through all my sales flyers and booklets and couldn't find where one was offered for the S class in the US (at least in 2006).. But then again we always get the shaft when it comes to getting cool cars from overseas. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
S Class 500L 2000
6 Posts
Jayhawk said:
I think the "TV" is some sort of DIY job--a lot like his license plate covers...
No, this is not some kind of DIY job; quite a few European W220's have this option. If you feel hard done by (bcfos) that we get all the cool options over the pond, then you can pop down to your local MB dealer quoting part numbers 220 820 0232 (clamp) and 220 820 3989 (monitor) hand over +/- $1,600 (UK price) and fit it yourself. (You'll need the TV wiring option too). They do pop up on EBay every now and again. I must admit they do look a little amateurish!

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jayhawk said:
I think the "TV" is some sort of DIY job--a lot like his license plate covers...
The way it's mounted in there and showing the same picture as the command unit, I'd be pretty impressed if it was DIY, even the W140 had a TV option in the same place outside the US, so just because it was not on the "Planet America" version of the W140 does not mean it didn't exsist.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah about the only thing we get in the states that overseas versions of the same car might lack is more cupholders. :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jayhawk said:
And then there are those acessories that should not be made available anywhere...

Like the fuzzy dice and dash covers.. And who can forget the Gucci and LV fabric add on's.... Some people should be marched out in a field, stripped naked, and beaten to a bloody pulp for stuff like that.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
bcfos said:
Like the fuzzy dice and dash covers.. And who can forget the Gucci and LV fabric add on's.... Some people should be marched out in a field, stripped naked, and beaten to a bloody pulp for stuff like that.
I don't want to see whoever made those things naked, thank you very much. :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts