Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
talk about lipage!

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
Now thats dedication and ingenuity! Leave it to Hungarians!
wonder if he puckered a bit when these finally became available, assuming it was after he took a nibbler to his quarters. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,584 Posts
Crazy Hun's.They like it wide..Oh, I'm one of them..ha-ha-ha
Speak for yourself Mister! LOL. Let's clarify: As for me I like my CARS Wide. Everything else Thin.

Unlike Kid Rock: " I dont like small cars or real big women,
But somehow I always find myself in 'em "

BTW Cant wait to see the outcome of this build myself.

·
Registered
W126 280SE Lorinser, W123 250TD Lorinser, W126 500SEC
10 Posts
Hi;

I have found some picture of project
mayby somebody have more info about it ?
those bbs rims are sweet :)

Hazaért a BBS RS! - Mercedes Youngtimers

Halálosztó Hírmorzsák - Mercedes Youngtimers
Hi!
Yes I do.
I'm the crazy one from Hungary.
The owner.

What would you like to know?

First of all, I took this way because I don't like to "glue" plastic parts on sanded metal and making them in line by using tons of putty and leaving the original body underneath.
I wanted to make it wider and not to extend. Hopefully the result will be better and longer lasting.
And frankly. The 25 years old AMG parts are really crappy in quality. Even the worse guy, who is working with glass fibre laminates can produce better quality in the backyard nowadays.

About the BBS RS
I wanted to take the original AMG 5spoke, but the widebody version of them are extremely rare. About 2-3 years ago, I found a set of two rear ones for 4000 euros on the ebay.
So I told myself, fuggedaboutit. Go for a set of BBS RS. I concidered to buy a set of 3 piece AMG but it was not available in '84, so it would not be period matching.
Finally I bought a set of BBS RS, dismantled, repainted, sent the screws for zinc coating and ordered a set of brand new outter lips from Germany.
The rears are 11" wide, with 5" outter lips, the fronts are 9"

Now I'm searching for tires. 11" makes it quite hard to find one in 16".
I found the 255/50R16 to be fit OK, wich are for some Ferraris and Corvettes, but really hard to find street legal ones even in the USA.

By the way I'm an admin on the http://www.mercedesyoungtimers.hu/forum/index.php
Anyone is welcome, just needs to send a mail for me to be registrated, but unfortunately the language of it is hungarian.

·
Registered
1988 560SEC Euro Clone Lorinser Clone
1,572 Posts
http://www.mercedesyoungtimers.hu/forum/index.php[/url]
Anyone is welcome, just needs to send a mail for me to be registrated, but unfortunately the language of it is hungarian.
Google Translate

1 - 20 of 41 Posts