Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300CE w/AMG parts; 1995 Range Rover; 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My car is making an unusual noise when driving slowly. It seems to be originating from the drivers side front wheel. The sound is similar to having a rock in your shoe and walking on a hard surface...almost a constant ticking. I can't see anything stuck in the winter tires and the car still drives fine. It is just annoying and confusing. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
This happened on my other vehicle and it turned out to be some debris stuck somewhere between the brakes and the wheel and was catching as it spun. Try taking the wheel off and search for anything, maybe weeds, mud, road grit, etc. Has the car been "off road" lately or did you happen to get stuck anywhere?

·
Registered
'94 C280 US Spec
360 Posts
Have you been doing anything with your wheels/bolts. This sounds like when the bolt in the rear wheel rubs the spring inside, it's a constant tick tick tick and the goes away when going faster. Thry lisfting your wheels and spinning them with your hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.