Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2001 - 2007 of 2007 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
1997 SL600 Brilliant Silver Sport with grey/dark metal interior, 234K miles
1,977 Posts
Let me know if you need/want any advice or help specific to the car after you get it.

I hope it goes to a good home. I love the little differences between the 2 years. The modern 3 button remote with trunk release. The one year only stitched leather steering wheel airbag.

Have fun.

·
Registered
96 sl600,97 s420(gone) 96 CL600
618 Posts
Thanks. Lifelong friend that is the most talented mechanic I know...he runs an offshore powerboat shop and an autobody shop as SIDE businesses. I actually prefer this car to mine, but c est la vie. Will probably use my spare fan as this car has a fully broken blade until it gets converted to all electric.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,941 Posts
Someone has been smoking too much dope, this flipper will be waiting a long time to get that price, a 93?? who cares.
It's never going to be a collector car, maybe if you leave it to your grand children and never drive it...

Lets see, if I wanted to spend $55K on any car in the world, what are my top 10 choices be?? To stay in the R129 market, recently on BAT an extremely rare SL600 Silver Arrow with low miles sold for about $40K, there is no comparison at all.

It's just a plain Jane SL600 with electrical issues from the factory that no one has hardly driven...

A 93 SL600 with 3K miles wouldn't even be close to making the list...not at that price. You will need to spend maybe another $5K to fix everything that all 93's need, maybe more.

It's probably not been serviced and guaranteed to need all harnesses and ETA replaced, and there will be a lot of replacement parts that are NLA, the seals on the top hydraulics will probably leak, engine oil leaks will pop up when trying to use it normally. It's the right color for what it is, a White Elephant...

Admittedly, while its nice to see a car with only 3K miles, it's not rare enough, (and never will be), to be worth that much money.

Anyway, thanks for posting this, it would be interesting to see what happens, but we'll probably never find out..

·
Premium Member
2002 Black SL500, 2000 Azure blue SL500, 2005 Silver (A209) CLK500
945 Posts
2001 - 2007 of 2007 Posts