Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2003 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
From personal experience (I had a Designo Slate Blue SL500 for almost 10 years), I will say that the pictures don't do the color justice. The colors that the Designo paint would emit based on the light (purple, gray, blue etc.) were/are glorious. I'm actually starting the hunt for another one! Ours was optioned just like the South Carolina example, except we sold it with 100,000 less miles.

Fun Fact: They actually used the color as a Designo Manufaktur paint option for the G-Class from MY 2015 to MY 2018

·
Registered
834 Posts
Looks like a fair price considering the new top and battery those would be around $1500. in my town. I sure would have it inspected for hydraulic leaks, motor and trans mounts plus suspension bushings.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Definitely my immediate neck of the woods, I might take a look.
Let us know if you made contact mahunt. 12 hr posting. That's quite a deal, pano top, one of the best years, but no phone number. If it's any good, its most likely, it has to be sold.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So a $3k SL600 if you take the value of the pano into account. Wow, I do envy you guys... A sub-10k EUR SL600 anywhere in Europe would probably be a totally hopeless wreck.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,977 Posts
I talked to John (original owner) and stopped by this morning.

Triple black with pano roof. Pano roof also in black leather (true EXCLUSIVE BLACK LEATHER (561A) option, not vinyl).

The car had a host of small issues (but easy to fix for me) that would detract wary lookers. 140K-ish miles and a lot of deferred maintenance, nothing catastrophic and the low entry point would make this a real bargain to someone willing to take the time to make it great again.

Starts, runs and has that original MB body panel fitment (so tight). I wish I could offer some help like I did with the silver SL500 earlier this year that sold through Streetside Classics, but it really should be the next owner that oversees the recovery.

I hope it goes to a good home, it has A LOT of enjoyment left to give.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I talked to John (original owner) and stopped by this morning.

Triple black with pano roof. Pano roof also in black leather (true EXCLUSIVE BLACK LEATHER (561A) option, not vinyl).

The car had a host of small issues (but easy to fix for me) that would detract wary lookers. 140K-ish miles and a lot of deferred maintenance, nothing catastrophic and the low entry point would make this a real bargain to someone willing to take the time to make it great again.

Starts, runs and has that original MB body panel fitment (so tight). I wish I could offer some help like I did with the silver SL500 earlier this year that sold through Streetside Classics, but it really should be the next owner that oversees the recovery.

I hope it goes to a good home, it has A LOT of enjoyment left to give.
Thanks Mike. I'm going to buy it for a long time buddy who did some work on mine and wants one.

1981 - 2000 of 2003 Posts
About this Discussion
2K Replies
181 Participants
glepore
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing