Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a pair of OEM headlight assemblies in my 00 E430. I just couldn't get use to the light from the HID/Xenons. The housings are in very good condition (no cracks or missing mounts), the previous owner told me he purchased and installed them in 2008. I refinished the lenses but they might need a quick going over. They are missing the ballasts, (cheap on ebay) and need rear caps for the low beams so I'm not asking much, in fact, make me an offer of $75. or more and they're yours. These are direct fit for 00-03 W210s (not E55)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that these are not direct fit for the E55 from a MB mechanic and a friend that said they would need some adjustment to fit. Not sure why but I have no first-hand experience with the differences between my E430 and an E55.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
OK. But I don't think there is a difference...though someone will probably correct me. In fact, you should post the thread on the AMG E50, E55 section.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
This makes no sense. You went from factory Xenon back to OEM Halogen?
And now you are selling the Xenon headlamps with out the ballasts and rear covers?
BTW face lift W210 all use same headlamp even in the E55.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've probably never read what Daniel Stern has to say about HID (non OEM) lighting. It's blinding to on coming traffic, and doesn't throw any light on the road for more than a few feet. The ballasts are very inexpensive, and so are the caps. I like to have my car as original as possible. Makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You've probably never read what Daniel Stern has to say about HID (non OEM) lighting. It's blinding to on coming traffic, and doesn't throw any light on the road for more than a few feet. The car Accessories are very inexpensive, and so are the caps. I like to have my car as original as possible. Makes perfect sense to me.
Hold on.. Can't you actually position the lights to look down towards the street?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts