Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300SD TurboDiesel (80k)
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I took a trip to the JY this past weekend and found about 12 benz ranging from w114s onward (I was previously told by an employee that they had 0). I have an '84 300sd and was wondering what the ranges were for interchangeable parts were. Specifically the wood dash trim would any w126 work for nearly anything but things diesel specific? My dash trim is cracking and popping off. I found an '85-86 500sel with lovely trim. Would it fit and would anyone have pointers on removing/ reinstalling?
Thanks in advance guys, ET3

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1983 300 SD, 1991 420 SEL, 1979 300SD
536 Posts
wood trim from SEL will fit but not the rear doors as they are longer on the SEL. the short wheel based version of the GENII w126 will fit your SD (300SE). you need a 7mm socket to get the plastic screws off the back of wood trim. take out the instrument cluster to remove the big piece under the steering wheel; you have to feel for the plastic nuts. door panels are easy; just remove the door panel and you'll see the plastic nuts holding on the trim. the far right (passenger side) wood piece around the vent is the hardest IMO; i know you have to take out the vent (that's the easy part) but then there's another nut on the top i think that's kinda hard to get to

1 - 2 of 2 Posts