I have a 93 s320 how interchangeable are other w140 what other years are best
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Hi everyone [australia here]
I have a 93 s320 how interchangeable are other w140 what other years are best
thanks
Hi, your car is a 300 SE or 300 SEL ...S320 began in 94.. alot of 92-95 parts are interchangable with your car, in 96 -99 some things have changed although, there are still alot of parts that will fit your car.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Do let us know. If it's a 93 model and an S320 that would throw a wrench in the theory that the change to letter-in-front nomenclature took place in 1994 all over the world. It also raises the question of whether your car is an LH engine or an HFM. If it's an LH some engine parts are more like earlier cars, but if it's an HFM it's more like later cars. Then the body got a minor facelift in 1995, at least that's when it took place in the U.S.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Everyone
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but my car is a 1994 s320 I've been haveing a bad week,
need a holiday.
thanks for all the info

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi Everyone
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but my car is a 1994 s320 I've been haveing a bad week,
need a holiday.
thanks for all the info

The question is pretty broad, here is what I have seen so far mostly be looking at ebay stores which provide part compatibility data.

Within a narrow range of years......

MAF is same across models
Throttle Body depends more on features (cruise, ASR) than 6/8 cyl engine.

Pretty sure Alternator, Compressor, power steering pump are same

Lot of chassis parts are cross platform from rotors and steering components to

Lots of interior parts are similar

Crazy as it sounds, ebay offers a lot of cross reference info for what it is worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts