Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'99 CLK 320 Cabriole
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new member of Benz World, I wanted to say that I've enjoy reading this helpful sight over the past few days. Now my question...

The integrated telephone system on my '99 CLK 320 Cabriolet is horribly outdated now. Although I keep the phone activated with old analog phone service from verizon wireless, I'd like to convert the integrated system to my digital hand-held phone....a Motorola V60 with service from AT&T Wireless.

Has anyone ever successfully attempted this conversion? Is it possible? I've read conflicting reports...saying that it is possible with the right parts and labor, and other reports that MB technology has made it impossible.

Looking forward to hearing some pearls of wisdom from all you experts.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
29 Posts
Good Question!

I've talked to several people about this, including my MB service rep, and have really given up on the subject. My service rep. said it would be $2k to convert my analog phone to their new digital package. Same price as the new option itself. No thanks.

I've heard from braver electrical types who have bought special parts and wiring harnesses and made it work themselves, but you need to have an aptitude for wiring and electrical systems. This is not for me either.

I would think a company could do really well if they offered a package deal for conversion and installation. Maybe there's one out there but I haven't found them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts