Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats the best intake to buy for my C320, thats not horribly expensive. Nothing over $400, what kind do you guys have?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one makes an intake for Mercedes that is not under 400, there are intakes like the Dragon Intake for 200, but its poor quality and not to mention pure crap. it will ruin your engine etc. a good intake is RBTech !!!!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless your engine is highly modified, the stock intake will flow more air than your engine can use. A member of another forum has spent hundreds of dollars trying to modify a Pipercross and design a a new intack from scratch. His best result is show a gain that is less than the accuracy of the dyno he was testing on. The engine used in the test was modified with a larger crank pulley to overdrive the supercharger.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: What about.....

On this car, it probably won't help. I don't think they make one anyway. The British filter maker ITG custom made a filter for Buellwinkel. He says it made a difference. I remain sceptical. He has posted about it at mbworld.org. Try doing a search there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't gotten my itg airfilter yet but....

Evosport showed a 5.9HP and 2 Ft-Lbs Torque increase with no filter on my car vs. the factory filter so if the ITG can come close to those numbers as they advertise then it will be worth the $57. Also, another person I know did the same test and got about 5hp on the coupe. <br> <br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts