Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i see the hose that goes into the supercharger but what is the hose thats coming back to the air box from the pressure side of the supercharger? I assume it would be a Diverter Valve(pressure relief) but there is a electronically controlled butter fly valve.... so what is that?!

how can I get the PSSHH sound out of it? [:)]

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's the VDO electronic bypass valve

like a blow off valve, the air is getting rerouted into the intake, above the filter.

You can put that into the open air and put a cone filter there, and youc an put a cone filter to your intake, it will make a blow off valve sound, but not the same as turbo cars.

There is a wav file I hosted somewhere on this forums.

Etienne

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
MrSpace - 4/30/2005 1:51 AM

It's the VDO electronic bypass valve

like a blow off valve, the air is getting rerouted into the intake, above the filter.

You can put that into the open air and put a cone filter there, and youc an put a cone filter to your intake, it will make a blow off valve sound, but not the same as turbo cars.

There is a wav file I hosted somewhere on this forums.

Etienne
So if the air is now flowing out and not diverted back into the intake, will that have any effect on power?

Say if i do this would i be better off making something like silverslk did with the valve attached to the intake pipe, or go with the 2 cones one on the valve the other on the intake?

-Thanks,
Lenny

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would have to put a filter AFTER the by pass valve right or all the pressure would be gone.. but how does it keep it pressurized? the valve doesn't seem so air tight...unlike the BOV's i've seen

anyone have a picture?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hum, I don't think you would loose power, in fact it might be better to send air outside, becaus ethe air send ther eis hot from being compressed, and you are reusing it in the supercharger again.

I think MB this this mostly for sound.

I picked up my intake today, I'll try to install it tomorrow.

Etienne

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHAT INTAKE?!!?!??!

can I get one too?

if i can get some type of a picture of what is included, i might be abel to just pick up parts from here and there....

the breather filter is one im concerned about cuz the adaptor... can u take a picture of the parts or the adaptor?

thanks

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
I took an impression of the shape and the sizes needed for an adapter to the valve and going to see a friend of the family to make it for me. That is really the only thing that i am missing.

Oh, and i opened up the stock airbox to find all those pipes in the upper lid. I took those out as well. Sort of feels different now. When you step off the gas, it still keeps a high rev up. And you can hear the valve a little more now too. Or it could just be me [:p] Either way, i plan to rip the stock intake out and put in a cone as soon as this adapter is made for the valve.

·
Registered
30 Posts
MrSpace - 4/30/2005 4:44 PM

Hum, I don't think you would loose power, in fact it might be better to send air outside, becaus ethe air send ther eis hot from being compressed, and you are reusing it in the supercharger again.

I think MB this this mostly for sound.

I picked up my intake today, I'll try to install it tomorrow.

Etienne
Pictures!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts