Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
where did you find the adapter for the smaller breather? sizes? $$?

·
Registered
1999 C55 AMG
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no dyno, i got the adapter from that guy who was selling the SLK, C230K intake kit, the adapter DIDNT fit, it had to be modified

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
can you contact the seller for me?

I WANT!!!!!

·
Registered
1999 C55 AMG
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the seller was an idiot, your better having a good shop make everything for you, its pretty simpele stuff
its what i should have done rather then wasting $170 on what looked like a good kit

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
i just want to have everything there instead of guessing on what the dimensions are. and the adaptors for the breather....

do we even need it? i mean, it only blows out [:)]

o and how did u to the MAS relocation? was it necessary for the intake or did u have other things done? would it be beneficial for me to have it done on a stock engine?

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
I've asked a family friend to make the breather adapter for me.

From what i saw, the pipe should be 2" from the breather, but the flange is irregular. It is very small for the size of the pipe itself.

I went around asking about 6 shops in the area if they could come up with something for me. One guy saw my car and said $100-$200 just for makeing the flange/pipe for the breather. I plan to put a simple paper breather on the end of this one.

The main intake pipe is 3" so i plan to just use a typical 3" K&N universal cone filter here. And replace the pipe with a metal one instead of the plastic hose.

The hardest part would be getting one of these breather adapters. Other then that, you're better off putting together the rest, since there is not much left to it.

I'll post up the pics as soon as i get it in mid this week.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
i'll just wrapt it with a piece of t-shirt or somehitng... ghetto it out haha but hell, better than making that damn flange when the breather doesn't do crap

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
mihaley23 - 5/2/2005 2:32 AM

the seller was an idiot, your better having a good shop make everything for you, its pretty simpele stuff
its what i should have done rather then wasting $170 on what looked like a good kit
i'll buy it off of u [:D]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
i was at the local auto store today looking for a cone filter, when i stumbled upon what looks like mihaley23 flanged adapter for the SC valve.

It looks almost the same as the one in the top pic of his post.
I took some measurements and will see if it fits our application. From the looks of it, the most we might need to do is adjust the holes to match for the bolts.

There are others made by this company that may fit better then mihaley23's.

http://www.mrgasket.com/ProductsListByMinID.aspx?BrandID=1&majID=375&minID=3763&selection=&&minselection=

Though i am getting mine made by a friend, i'll buy one and check it you if anyone is interested. They cost around $8.80...

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah that picture looks like the one I got with the kit

I'd prefer a straignt flange with tube with no size restriction, but I don'T think it really matters since it's only for the bypass valve

my setup is not installed because I made some OBD2 testing and had some concerns with some data, finally it's sorted out but my car is getting completly "Rieger-ized" this week at the body shop.

Etienne

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
This intake kit that everyone is talking about...is it only for the pre-facelift (pre-2001) models? I can't tell by looking at the engine. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts