Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got that last piece for the SC valve and was able to install my intake.
Sorry for the crappy pics. Digital camera getting repaired so had to use my camera phone.

This is the flange that goes on the SC valve.

I think the Psss sounds great. On the highway, it's a low moan, but when you floor it and let off the gas, the valve opens up and blows off the air. [}:)]

I'll post up some sound files of it soon...

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
ok so how about that flange...make EM!!!!

[:D]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
linh, i just installed it yesterday... and yes you are right, we need to test it to see if there are any gains what so ever. I'll see what i can do... mid week perhaps, if i can find a place by me in North NJ.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
so about that flange....

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shmer_cedes - 5/9/2005 1:26 PM

where do i find intake for 98 slk230?

I think the '98 SLK has the same setup as my '00 so you just as everyone else will need that flange to attach to the SC blowoff valve.

Check out that link in the previous reply above.

I'll see if i can make one, and if it works out i'll make enough for everyone.[;)]

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
noregret4life - 5/9/2005 6:05 PM

I'll see if i can make one, and if it works out i'll make enough for everyone.[;)]

I like that idea... DEFINITELY let me know

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went out looking for a dyno, but didn't find one [:(] But i'll keep looking.

New update to inject more cold air into the filter from outside the engine bay.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
honestly, u shoudn't put a dryer vent in a mercedes....

the engine wont' get ANY gain out of that vent what so ever. Majority of the filter is exposed to the hot air underneath of the hood which will draw in hot air. that little bit of colder air won't do much.

now, if the filter was AWAY from the engine bay then we can see some gains.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The way i figured was that in the stock step, the ENTIRE air intake came from that front input. But your right most of the air comes in from the engine bay. Will work on that heat sheild, perhaps it will do more good then the vent from the front

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any ideas on the heat sheild?

·
Registered
748 Posts
You wanna see some real gains from a custom intake? Replace all the stock rubber intake pipe with a mandrel bent 3" stainless pipe...make it so it is identical to the stock one for good fitment...and make it longe rthasn stock one so it pushes the filter away from the engine and closer down to the passenger headlight...later, you can Ceramic Coat the intake pipe to keep pipe-temperature inside as cold as poossible and have a body shop poweder coated in silver or black (or your choice of color) to give it that professional look... and with the use of the larger conical ITG or K&N intake that bolts to the pipe..fabricate a heat shield..that covers the top and sides of the filter..the same Ceramic-coating and poweder coating can be used on this...at the same time...get the tube that comes from the outside like you did, and into the heat shield to give it the RAM-AIR effect when high way driving and to make sure its recieving cold air from the outside...... This tub can ALSO be painted in some kine of mate-black to keep it as sleeper as possible.

Now, by THIS mean I am 100% that you will see significant horsepower gains on a dyno...not by just throwing away the OEM air-box and bolting on some sort of conical filter into the stock intake pipe.
[:eek:)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts