Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SLK200 - Here! ;-)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

In a previous thread, I stated that I would be putting on tracker....now I'm not!!!

I've just checked out First Alternative for a quote and without tracker their quote was

[:D] £376 [:D] (and this included the wife!!)

So, like someone else said, let the theif keep the car, get some GAP insurance and use the money saved to add a few more options (thats what I'm going to do [:D] )

Regards

Darren

·
Registered
SLK 200
261 Posts
Hi

I have made exactly the same decision after reading the suggestions of the other guys here. I got a similar quote as yours for two drivers and will go for GAP as well instead of tracking.
Who are you going to use for your GAP insurance?

Thanks

P

·
Registered
SLK200 - Here! ;-)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GAP insurance was quoted at £590 for our ML so I would have thought it would be simular, but I gonna shop around first!

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Darren

·
Registered
SLK 200
261 Posts
have a look at this site if you want to shop around.
I found one for 350 pounds (Surfeand protect)

http://www.financelink.co.uk/gap_insurance/

P

·
Registered
SLK200 - Here! ;-)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did a quick (yes it was a very quick search!) and found

http://www.click4gap.co.uk/index.asp

They want £195 for 3 years, not bad...

Darren

·
Registered
SLK 200
261 Posts
God you were quicker than me... well you probalby have a 350... I will have a 200... hehehehe
Your search was brilliant! thanks will make a note of that.

P

·
Registered
R171 200K
22 Posts
Just a quick question. I'm about to renew my insurance and got a quote with esure (part of Halifax Group and same comapny as First Alternative). I have the 17" 5 spokes on my 200 and have been asking insurance companies whether that is classed as a modification. Obviously they are a factory fitted option so I would have presumed that they would not be classed as a modification - WRONG!!. Most insurance companies class this as a mod and up their premium accordingly. Interestingly, I checked with esure and they stated that as long as the wheels were a factory fitted option then that would not ttract a higher premium BUT First Alternative stated that it was a mod!!!.

My question to you guys is this - have you upgraded your alloys and if so have you informed your insurance company?. I'm a stickler when it comes to these kinds of thing as I want to make sure 100% that if I make a claim they can't wriggle out of it!.

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
S2Tigger - 5/12/2005 5:14 PM

Did a quick (yes it was a very quick search!) and found

http://www.click4gap.co.uk/index.asp

They want £195 for 3 years, not bad...

Darren
I had a vague intention to sort this out, turns out it has to be done within 90 days of getting a new car I'm too late!

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is one other downside to "Tracker".

My insurance company insists it stays on for the life of the car - regardless of the decreasing value of the vehicle, oh and anyone noticed the Tracker subscriptions increasing each year?

Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
S2Tigger - 5/13/2005 10:54 PM

I've just checked out First Alternative for a quote and without tracker their quote was

[:D] £376 [:D] (and this included the wife!!)

I hate to admit it but my insurance is £60.00 cheaper with my wife!

Although I can't comment on other wifely expenses [:D]

Mike

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Sorcerer - 6/21/2005 3:37 PM

There is one other downside to "Tracker".

My insurance company insists it stays on for the life of the car - regardless of the decreasing value of the vehicle, oh and anyone noticed the Tracker subscriptions increasing each year?

Mike
You can pay Tracker a one of payment that covers subscriptions for as long as you keep the car.

It works out at around 3 years of annual subs. So depends on how long you intend to keep the car.

Like others here I went with First Alternative and the money I saved by not fitting the Tracker more than paid for the GAP cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.