Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeah, its pretty bad on mine. I dont know what happend to the coupe before I found her, but someone did terrible things to her.. years of therapy are going to be needed..

anyways, yeah the insulation above the trans actually looks burnt on mine.. its kind of crumbly...

I'm sure yours is better though

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, its pretty bad on mine. I dont know what happend to the coupe before I found her, but someone did terrible things to her.. years of therapy are going to be needed..

anyways, yeah the insulation above the trans actually looks burnt on mine.. its kind of crumbly...

I'm sure yours is better though
mine was fraying, i think the shop removed some or shaved it down to prevent some fire threat when they pulled my trans for gasket replacements, but since then my car has been noiser inside because of it. it runs great better than before, but its a little more rumbly since then.
remember im in a very hot and dry climate. my former vehicle 03 CVPI was like that too, and it was replaced by the dealer under a recall in 06 and was still a rats nest under there, so im thinking climate does not help.

·
Registered
614 Posts
is that a 740 in your sig?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that a 740 in your sig?
yes it is. bought that recently. just ordered tons of general maint parts today will be doing work next 2 weeks on it before putting it on the road. nothing major, mostly hoses, gaskets, intake...none of it NEEDS to be done, but better do it now when car is not NEEDED than have stuff fail from age when it could have been prevented and the car break down when its NEEDED on a daily basis. once this car is on the road, the W140 will get a lot of detailed attention before the wife gets it. or if i can get new bumpers for the 740 painted, i may let the wife use the bmw and i can keep the mercedes!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I had a 97 740il for a short time, I was very happy with it. comfortable car, and I liked the interior. Pretty solid ride. good luck with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts