1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

it's me again! :rolleyes:

My Merc doesn't want to light up my instrument panel! It all started with a "bug" with the fuel gauge. With the fuel tank totally full it shows empty (reserve light on) plus when starting the engine or after switching off there is a ticking noise coming from the panel and the rev needle is jumping for app 3sec before either showing the revs or resting.
Now there seems to be an earth connecter on one side of the panels to the front wings but in order to remove those I believe I have to remove the kick panels (the ones sitting on the inside where the sills are). Would like to check that first before I rip out the instrument panel and start resoldering the contacts on there.

Thanks for suggestions! :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
The ground for the Instrument Cluster comes from the body ground at the right side kick panel. Check for loose connections and remove, and clean as necessary. Replace wires to the same configuration as removed.

If there is no problem at the ground location, you should remove the Instrument Cluster and check the connectors for looseness. Wire #A3 (Brn.) comes from ground W29/2.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 ML430
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@lckyl16: Good point! Will do that too! Thanks

@43sqd: Thanks for the pictures! That was exactly my plan! But how do I remove the panel that is sitting over W29/2? I have tried to pull on it but that one sits there like a rock. :confused:

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
@lckyl16: Good point! Will do that too! Thanks

@43sqd: Thanks for the pictures! That was exactly my plan! But how do I remove the panel that is sitting over W29/2? I have tried to pull on it but that one sits there like a rock. :confused:
Pull off door seal first on passenger side to reveal screws.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts