Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I would like to know what special functions the reset button has on the instruments, and would appreciate any input as I don't own a W220. For example pressing it for a few seconds resets the trip meter, that's standard. I heard pressing it three times consecutively, in rapid succession puts you into a special debug mode? If so, how to get out of it? How about holding it for 5, 10 or 20 seconds, does that do anything?

I am asking because I'm working on a new version of the LED upgrade for the W220 instruments, and am going to use RGB LEDs, and plan to use the reset button and the illumination adjustment knob for special settings. So my above question really becomes, if I monkey with that reset button, clicking it, holding it down, etc etc, will it cause havoc to the set?

Thnx,
James

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, that confirms the debugging mode info, thanks.

I believe I will probably be putting the instruments into that debug mode inadvertently, but the owner can simply shut off the ignition and turn it on again to get out of it.

Thanks!
James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
AlanMcR
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing