Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GL450 and 2002 ML320
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Wally and Witek! When I pulled the cluster out I noticed that someone must have previously broken the clip that locks the cluster cable connector into the back of the cluster. The connector seems to be pretty sturdy when pushed in all the way, but I would order a new clip to hold that into place if there was a part for that. I haven't been able to find anything online for that either.

Thanks again for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts
Thanks Wally and Witek! When I pulled the cluster out I noticed that someone must have previously broken the clip that locks the cluster cable connector into the back of the cluster. The connector seems to be pretty sturdy when pushed in all the way, but I would order a new clip to hold that into place if there was a part for that. I haven't been able to find anything online for that either.

photo?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The wife was driving 45ish when the deer jumped out right in front of her. Smashed the bumper, headlight, hood and radiator/compressor. The deer literally shit in the head light, lol. I found a matching bumper and hood at a junkyard for only $500 and the new headlight assemblies look great. Just bought a new grill guard so as not to have to worry about a deer doing that again ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't want to start a new thread just for this key issue, but the tip of the key broke off but the fob itself still works fine. Is there anyway to just order the key part and not a new fob? All I see are new fobs online. Is the key sold separately anywhere? Nobody around here has a key like that and the dealership wants $500 bucks of course to make new ones with a new fob.

Attachments

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,140 Posts

In this diagram FG 163.154 - COCKPIT CABLE HARNESS > Mercedes EPC Online > nemigaparts.com

284? 287? or 290?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,140 Posts
I don't want to start a new thread just for this key issue, but the tip of the key broke off but the fob itself still works fine. Is there anyway to just order the key part and not a new fob? All I see are new fobs online. Is the key sold separately anywhere? Nobody around here has a key like that and the dealership wants $500 bucks of course to make new ones with a new fob.
You can order just the blade 210 766 02 06. Proof of ownership required. Where is the stub?

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,189 Posts
Hopefully you have a spare valet key. If not pickup one (good to have a spare for emergencies) at the stealership.

Fleabay - Folding Flip Remote Key Shell Case For Mercedes Benz ML350 ML320 Fob 4 Buttons | eBay

You need to purchase the entire shell with new uncut blade.
Transfer everything in the old shell (including the teensey bean-size chip - dont lose it!) into the new shell.
Get the new blade re-cut at a reputable locksmith.

Witek,

With a replacement blade, I dont recall if it's just the blade or the blade and swivel portion with the blade itself?

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts
Hopefully you have a spare valet key. If not pickup one (good to have a spare for emergencies) at the stealership.

Fleabay - Folding Flip Remote Key Shell Case For Mercedes Benz ML350 ML320 Fob 4 Buttons | eBay

You need to purchase the entire shell with new uncut blade.
Transfer everything in the old shell (including the teensey bean-size chip - dont lose it!) into the new shell.
Get the new blade re-cut at a reputable locksmith.

Witek,

With a replacement blade, I dont recall if it's just the blade or the blade and swivel portion with the blade itself?
You can dealer order the blade precut for 18 US, is that about 22 Canadian? Betting Mlover 's key is in the cylinder.

But I agree valet key he needs

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,189 Posts
Good question, very good question?
I recall reading a recent post of a member also looking for a replacement "blade" only (snapped his key blade) and the oem keyblade shows this piece made from 2 pieces (blade inserted into the swivel portion) with what looks like a one-way pin connection on one end of the swivel. The member was looking to drill out or punch out this pin.

2piece blade.jpg

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,140 Posts
Witek,

It is just a blade. You drive roll pin partially out, put new blade in, flip it and drive pin back in.

IMG_20200209_122113.jpg

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
931 Posts
Think I am going to order new blades for our fobs. There has been a rash of blades breaking of late 16 yrs probably over due.

·
Registered
2000 E320 Wagon, 2003 ML320, 1984 380 SL
18 Posts
My instrument cluster is not lighting up at night when my headlights are on, which is frustrating and also dangerous. I've checked the fuse and the relay for the instrument panel and they are both fine. I also removed the cluster and replaced all of the bulbs and it's still not lighting up. So, there is something else going on to prevent the cluster from lighting up.

My wife hit a deer months ago and did damage to the bumper and radiator. Someone removed the set of wires and plugs that are pictured below. I can't find a matching part with the number listed- A163 540 58 09. Does anyone know what these connect to? Since replacing the radiator the ML320 runs great, but the heater keeps going from hot to cold air and the cluster isn't lighting up. Could these issues be related?

I appreciate any help on this one! Thank you
Maybe the instrument cluster dimmer got turned all the way down by accident. It’s on the left side of the cluster and usually goesb
My instrument cluster is not lighting up at night when my headlights are on, which is frustrating and also dangerous. I've checked the fuse and the relay for the instrument panel and they are both fine. I also removed the cluster and replaced all of the bulbs and it's still not lighting up. So, there is something else going on to prevent the cluster from lighting up.

My wife hit a deer months ago and did damage to the bumper and radiator. Someone removed the set of wires and plugs that are pictured below. I can't find a matching part with the number listed- A163 540 58 09. Does anyone know what these connect to? Since replacing the radiator the ML320 runs great, but the heater keeps going from hot to cold air and the cluster isn't lighting up. Could these issues be related?

check to see if the instrument cluster dimmer got turned down by accident. It’s the thin black knob to the left of the cluster. It’s usually forgotten about since it’s hidden behind the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 5.5 liters
47 Posts
Are all other illuminated things like ACC panel, lower control panel with window switches working? Brightness control not turned all the way down?
My instrument cluster is deem, where do I find the brightness control?

·
Registered
1 Posts

For you heating issues you need to replace temperature sensor. Cost about $10 usd on Ebay that will take care of heating and air condition. Very easy fix, look up on YouTube.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts