Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a problem with my instrument cluster. From the moment I purchased the van second hand, some of the lights would come on and off for no reason (whilst going over a bump for instance).

Had a flat battery and after a jump start, the speedo didn't work anymore. Got a new battery and luckily the speedo worked again. However now the whole instrument cluster has started to go off and then turns itself on, then turns itself off and on...etc. This happens every 3 seconds. I went to a car electronic and he said I need a new instrument cluster, but a new one is expensive and I don't have that much cash at the moment...

Does anyone know what the best way forward is? Can I just buy a second hand one off e-Bay where they advertise them for any vito from 99-03? The part no. on my instrument cluster is A 000 446 74 21.

·
Registered
2016 Vito 116 Bluetec
236 Posts
You need to ensure that the replacement cluster comes out of the exact same model as your's.... Otherwise you then need to get it reprogrammed accordingly and getting that done here iz Oz is mission impossible :(

Good luck and let us all know how you get on...

·
Registered
Vito 108cdi
305 Posts
On the back of the instrument cluster there is a ribbon cable, it's known for this to come loose, this could be your problem by the sounds of things.

If you're in the UK there's a company that can fix it, sorry I don't know the name off hand, but if you do a search on here you should find it, it's been discussed a few times before :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts