Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem with my dash light that's not working.

The backlights have stopped working. All the warning lights, indicators and all that still work fine but there's no backlight to the speedo, rev counter etc.

I have tried replacing fuses for the ambient lighting but without any succes. Does any one have any clue what it could be or if I should try replace any other fuses.

I have a E220 CDI, 2007.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI (W211)
157 Posts
This might be a really dumb question, but are you sure the dimmer didn't simply get turned all the way down. The dimmer knob should be on the left side of the instrument cluster (same button you push to reset the trip meter). Sometimes the dimmer (rheostat) goes wonky (perhaps due to dust inside...I don't know)...and needs to be exercised. So, try turning it up and down a few times too. If that doesn't work...and all of your fuses are good, you might have a bad dimmer switch. You can test this by pulling the cluster, and testing to see if you have voltage (with lights on) on one side of the dimmer switch, but not the other.

Also, not sure if the ambient lighting fuse is the one for the instrument panel. Ambient lighting is the low level/dim light level on your overhead interior lights.

·
Registered
2008 E350
8 Posts
Had this prob with my 08 E350, dealer put new inst pod in area of speedo under warranty, now works fine. Best of luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
I 've checked the dimmer swich and that's not the problem. I hoped that it would be a simple problem to fix but it sound a bit trickier.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts