Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys [:)]

Just ordered a Powerchip upgrade for my ML, but am a complete mechanical doofus.

Anyone have detailed instructions on locating and removing the ECU?

·
Registered
'08 Acura MDX
3,108 Posts
This may help ...

<a href="http://www.renntechmercedes.com/instructions/ECURem.pdf" target=new>Click!</a>

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
What model ML do you have ?? Either way please let us know how big of a difference it makes on your application. I've been contempltaing getting one for a bit. I think I will get one for my B-Day pending your response. Thxs !!

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do (If I can figure out how to remove the chip)

Just got a 2005 ML350 SE. Was going to wait for the new 2006, but didn't like the styling, and the dealer gave me a nice deal to clear inventory, I guess.

·
Registered
98 ML320 / 06 S2000 / 12 E350 BTC
856 Posts
i drove to their santa monica office and they did it right there in the garage. it's really easy actually ... open up the e-box and undo the screws and pulls straight out. They don't need the transmission computer so you can seperate that half of the computer unit.

i have the GOLD91 for my ML320

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
ae86pwr - 3/17/2005 3:44 AM

i drove to their santa monica office and they did it right there in the garage. it's really easy actually ... open up the e-box and undo the screws and pulls straight out. They don't need the transmission computer so you can seperate that half of the computer unit.

i have the GOLD91 for my ML320
How big of a difference did it make on your truck ??? Was it really worth the $640 ?? And was the torque difference significantly noticeable ?? Thats all I really want since I want more torque for off-roading ...Thxs in advance !!

·
Registered
98 ML320 / 06 S2000 / 12 E350 BTC
856 Posts
I feel the midrange power mostly .... none of the off the line stuff ....

more suitable for freeway runs.
because it's more fuel and advanced timing

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn I live in Jersey, so I have to FEDEX it. I could have gone with Upsolute and had it installed down the road, but the specs on the Powerchip were better.

How come you didn't go with the Gold 93?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts