Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install 2 12" subs into my 2000 ML320, with the bose speaker system. Are there any special materials needed for installing the subs to the command center, (ie: wiring harness, adapter of some sort) or is it the same as installing into a deck such as panasonic, sony etc...

Anything i should know that could effect the installation would be greatly appreciated....

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what i really want to know is the answer to this. When i take out the mcs, is what im goin...

what i really want to know is the answer to this. When i take out the mcs, is what im going to find normal. Or do i need some kind of adapter to wire my subs.

·
Premium Member
CLK / ML
4,077 Posts
You'll find three connectors...

<TABLE BORDER WIDTH='95%'><TR ALIGN=CENTER><TD><B>Pin</B></TD><TD><B>A</B></TD><TD><B>B</B></TD><TD><B>C</B></TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Speed dependent volume control (GAL)</TD><TD>Right rear  +</TD><TD>Connection </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Not used</TD><TD>Right rear -</TD><TD>for CD Changer</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Phone mute (ground to activate)</TD><TD>Right front +</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Constant 12V</TD><TD>Right front -</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Ant trig (12V when radio on)</TD><TD>Left front +</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Illumination</TD><TD>Left front -</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Ignition</TD><TD>Left rear +</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ground</TD><TD>Left rear -</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so which one should i hook the subs to, rear right and left?...

so which one should i hook the subs to, rear right and left?

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where can i get a tool to remove the radio? and should it go into rear right and left?...

where can i get a tool to remove the radio? and should it go into rear right and left?

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we finally got it installed tonight, its so loud and very nice. What we did was run the sp...

we finally got it installed tonight, its so loud and very nice. What we did was run the speaker wires through a converter to rca, from my bose sub (disconnected it) under my seat. Then we ran the remote wire from the amp to wire a-5 in the diagram listed by frank (search the forums its there somewhere) that wire goes to the "Ant Trigger (12v when radio on)" then we ran the 12 v wire through the grommet on the floor by the brake, and grounded it to the cd changer area....

I want to thank everyone on here even if you didnt reply to this post, you still helped by posting previously and allowing me to search. A special thanks to Frank for contacting me via email to work through some issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts