Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after buying a cd changer on ebay, and asking the dealer to fit it, and them saying it would take 3 hours at £90 a hour i decided to screw that, Bought the changer housing from ebay too and was given this instruction manual to fit it. Great if any one has to DIY it. Hope it helps

www.sdm-group.com/cdchanger.zip

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Great info!! [:D]

A really useful document!!

I'm gonna be getting the CD changer as an aftermarket, so may have a laugh and try to fit it myself!!! [8D] [8)] [:D] [:I]

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a go yesterday to find that i needed an optical able extension, not sure about the power cable according to the manual it looks like its already there.

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will need the changer housing there is one on ebay just now including the optic cable

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536486195&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
StephenJnr - 3/24/2005 1:29 PM

You will need the changer housing there is one on ebay just now including the optic cable

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536486195&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT
Cool thanks for that, but have a changer on order, and think that will come with the housing as well!! [:D]

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have managed to locate the power cable for the changer, got it all connected for it to sill not recognise the changer so after a call to mb I have to take her in to get the head unit programmed to look for a cd changer.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
StephenJnr - 4/1/2005 11:50 PM

I have managed to locate the power cable for the changer, got it all connected for it to sill not recognise the changer so after a call to mb I have to take her in to get the head unit programmed to look for a cd changer.
What a bummer [:(]

After all that work. [V] Bit annoying that the head unit is not already pre-programmed to look for a CD changer. Well fingers crossed that the re-programming sorts it out for you!!! [:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts