Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other car, a Hyundai Sonata came stock with the automatic headlights and I must say that within the last 2 years of my ownership I have never ever messed with the headlight switch. It works so awesome that I never have to worry about the headlights.

So I am enclosing some pictures of some components and would appreciate some input as to what is the missing link here. I am sure installing this system would not be as easy as it looks. It is definitely going to be a project requiring splicing and soldering as of course we can use that steering stalk and who knows if we need that stalk or not.

SPECIFICATIONS

Items Specifications
Rated voltage 12V
Load Max. 1mA
Detection illuminations
Tail lamp / Head lamp ON : 24 ± 5.2 (Lux),
0.81 ±0.08 (V)
OFF : 48 ± 10.5 (Lux),
1.41 ±0.10 (V)

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wont be done without the help of my benzworld buddies. Probably DickB can chime in and enlighten me on this subject.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
I think it shouldn't affect the ECU at all... you can wire it where the lighting would "simulate" you turning the knob. I can picture how you would do it, but im not sure the exact procedure/mechanism used

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tricky part is having the 2 second delay as we dont have a control module with this kit. Without the delay part the lights would just not work the way they are supposed to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts