Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
c240
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a k&n air filter and have no idea how to take the engine cover off on my c240 2001. can anyone let me know how or point me to a site that has instrutions? I don't feel like breaking anything. as alway....much appreciate your help!

·
Registered
2002 C240
5 Posts
its easy...

i had the same problem back then, but someone sent a picture of the underside of the airbox and the location of the clips..u might want to do a search on this topic...
all u have to do is disconnect the ram airducts(2) on either side of the airbox. then grasp the sides of the airbox where it is rounded on the sides where the ducts connected to. pull straight up...give it a good yank, there are i believe 4 'U' metal clamps that clamp onto rubber bushings on the engine block, so it wont break. once u have the box out, get a torx screwdriver and take out the 2 airfilter covers on either side of the box. there are a total of i believe 8 torx screws (4 per side) and they dont come completely off, just loosen enough to lift cover off.
to put everything back in, align the round rubber gasket on the back of the box that has that metal screen in it to the round portion on the engine block, (u might want to take off the oil dipstick cap off so it doesnt flyoff and lose it in the engine bay first before u do anything)...after u align the rubber gasket, just push down where the metal clamps are located and u should b able to 'feel' it clamp in place. reconnect the 2 ram airhoses and ur all set, and dont forget to put back the oil dipstick cap!
when u re-oil ur filters, b sure not to over oil, as damage to the mas airflow sensor will result...also, dont pull the front triangular black piece on the airbox, it will break! i think it moves just to allow enough give to remove the box (it is the piece that has the benz emblem on it on the front black piece)
good luck!

·
Registered
c240
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks k9ff! I'll try to find a piture. if anyone finds a link, please reply to this posting. TY!

·
Registered
c240 2002
27 Posts
kn

I have installed k&n filters and saw no difference, went back to originals...

tell me how it changed your car
a

·
Registered
2013 ML350, 2004 ML350
335 Posts
Re: kn

I have installed k&n filters and saw no difference, went back to originals...

tell me how it changed your car
a
I have a K&N on my ML and noticed no change...just the low maint. Have not done it to the C yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts