Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,<br>
<br>
I currently own the mercedes benz 10 with cd and I want to replace it with a model from sony, don't remember the exact name but it's the new with active black panel with cd, but no changer....<br>
<br>
I'm a total newbie for this, how can I do it ? Can I do it alone ?<br>
<br>
P.S : In the sony ad the car presented is a slk...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i installed the same one in my slk320 2000 it was pretty simple<br> <br> 1. get the dealer to remove the radio for you, they will do it for free and it saves you alot of time.<br> 2. go to sondgate.com or call them number on website they will sell you a bose to aftermarket radio convertor. the slk bose system only has 2. soundgate can also give you the color coding for the wires, after that its pretty simple--connect ground power constant, switched power, and dimmer, then the converotr gets connected to the front speaker wires and the other end to the sony harness.. i did it on two slks took me 45-1 hr

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walrus how did the install go? I am going to do the CDX-M620 unit in my 99 SLK.

How did you end up doing it? I have the SLK wiring diagram, and if all else fails plan to use 'piggy backs' to connect the Sony inline without cutting the MB harness. I am waiting for my head unit to arrive (mail) am hopeing it will plug right in. Was it easy? Did your plug right in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts