Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in installing a modern Motorola Star-Tac hands-free kit in the armrest of my '97 S320W. As you know, the OE phone was an analog-only Okidata model. It will not work with a modern Verizon Wireless plan. Seems to me that it should be possible to convert it to use a StarTac. <br> <br> - there is a 10-pin socket -- looks sort of like a basic Ethernet RJ8 socket except that there are 10 rather than 8 pins -- into which the Oki hand unit plugged. That socket is located at the rear inside of the armrest. Does anyone know the pinouts of this socket? <br> <br> - the Oki used the main radio aerial; is this suitable for digital phones as well?<br> <br> - does the fact that some of the OE phone's guts were located in the upper-center dash glovebox (e.g. the # buttons, etc.) render this essentially impossible?<br> <br> If anyone has done this, please advise. I can't imagine I am the only person to whom this would be of interest. Many thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Excuse me again; I also wanted to ask, what is the small coax wire that goes in to the same armrest console from the front? It has a threaded end. The car is bone stock, so that must have been a factory item, but it was not connected to the phone as far as I can tell. Is it, e.g., the antenna connection?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts