Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300CE 1990
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I would like to install a CD changer in my 300CE (1990). before buying something wrong or making another mistake, can you please help with some answers:

1. Is there a recommended place to put it except the trunk? because the glove box looks to me too small, and I could not find anywhere else. not even under the seats..

2. If I have to put it in the trunk, should I pass any wires from the trunk to the front area, to connect to the radio? if yes, is there any recommended way to do it since everything is so tight. it looks very difficult to run wires from the trunk to the radio without damaging something, or may be I'm wrong.

3. Is there any recommended CD changer? I'm looking for something which is not expensive, just a simple one to enjoy my basic music.

Thanks for your help!

T

·
Registered
RHD C200K Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
451 Posts
Hi, I would like to install a CD changer in my 300CE (1990). before buying something wrong or making another mistake, can you please help with some answers:

1. Is there a recommended place to put it except the trunk? because the glove box looks to me too small, and I could not find anywhere else. not even under the seats..

2. If I have to put it in the trunk, should I pass any wires from the trunk to the front area, to connect to the radio? if yes, is there any recommended way to do it since everything is so tight. it looks very difficult to run wires from the trunk to the radio without damaging something, or may be I'm wrong.

3. Is there any recommended CD changer? I'm looking for something which is not expensive, just a simple one to enjoy my basic music.

Thanks for your help!

T
Souchard - what head unit do you have in the car now? That's going to determine what choices you haver for a changer...

·
Registered
300CE 1990
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Souchard - what head unit do you have in the car now? That's going to determine what choices you haver for a changer...

Hi, I have the original Mercedes cassette radio which came with the car. I would like to keep it like this since I don't need a fancy system. Just to add a hidden CD changer.

Tnx,
T

·
Registered
1 Posts
cd multi changer

I have a new shape 2002 320 clk with a cd changer that makes the radio
register no cd i did read an article sometime ago about how to tighten a
worm gear can anyone help

Andrew1412

·
Registered
300CE 1990
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, no replies??!... nobody knows how what is the best way to install a changer and which one is recommended?..
T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts