Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CLK55 AMG Cab
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

Not sure if it's been posted before but Soundgate makes an adapter for our CLK's that similar(and cheaper) than DICE link which plugs directly into the DB2 fiber optic loop. The installation instructions are well written and only took 1-2 hours to install. This adapter replaces the CD changer input and will not allow the CD changer to function. When installed, the CD button enables the Aux Input and the CD-quality input sounds awesome.

My install worked with my COMAND w/Tele-Aid & Motorola Phone Kit but the adapter says its compatible with other fiber optic CLK systems. The auxiliary input in my glove box sucked with hissy shit sound new input is perfect sound.

Soundgate ALMBAUX 1999-2005 Mercedes Benz Auxiliary Input Converter/CD Changer Interface

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
Thanks for the info and writeup. Do you retain steering wheel controls? Does it charge the iPod when docked?

·
Registered
89' 190e 2.6 / 02' CLK55 AMG
138 Posts
any way to plug it into aux or tape? So i still can play CD's.

·
Registered
CLK55 AMG Cab
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Q: Do you retain steering wheel controls? Does it charge the iPod when docked?

There is an add-on IPOD adapter available which may be compatible with this Aux Input and does charge the IPOD but not sure if it controls IPOD from steering controls and. As far as displaying IPOD artist/song info, dont think any aftermarket device can do that. This unit simply replaces CD input with stereo RCA connections.

Q: any way to plug it into aux or tape? So i still can play CD's

You will lose your CD changer but I think you can still use the on-board single CD for Audio and Nav. (My NAV discs still work)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts