Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
420 SEL
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you all know I installed a keyless entry system today purchased from BergWerks on my 420 SEL. The install took about 3 hrs and was pretty straightforward as all the work was done in the passenger footwell. The system works wonderfuly and it flashes the side lights and turns on the interior lights when unlocking and flashes the side lights and turns off the interior lights when locking. It also integrates with the factory alarm system.
I would reccomend this upgrade to anyone willing to spend a little cash and time on their ride.
[:D]

·
Registered
7 Posts
What type of keyless entry is this (brand & model)? What were the costs involved (parts & labor)? What does the remote look like?

·
Registered
420 SEL
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow this link to bergwerks and you can check it out. I installed it myself so it didn't cost me anything for labor. The remotes are small 4 button units that fit easily in the pocket and the cost was $139.95 for everything you need.

http://bergwerks.com/keyless.jsp

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
i'm def interested its def helpful does it have remote start???

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The Bergwerks kit won't start your car, but if you have the Bergwerks 1-touch window kit, you can incorporate the keyless entry to control your windows as well. Just a little info on remote start- the 126 remote start is not for the backyard mechanic. It is complex, and should only be attempted by a high quality car stereo installation center using a high quality product.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,180 Posts
why not just get an after market alarm like a viper. ive been thinking of doing this with my w126. is the bergwerks kit the same idea. thanks

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
I'd be curious as how the remote looks like. Sounds nice... and am interested.

·
Registered
1991 560SEL
34 Posts
Thanks so much for this posting... I was just about to throw caution to the wind and have a local shop install their best guess as to what would work for my 1991 s560... just reading on their website that thier system is designed to work with the mercedes vacum system was enough to sell me. I will be installing it myself and will try to borrow a camera so I can document it here for anyone that may be interested.

·
Registered
420 SEL
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As MRTIKKET points out this will not start the car. I have attached a pic of the remote on the keychain, as you can see it's small and unobtrusive. The kit contained everything needed to make it work with the Merc system and it's manufactured by Valet.[:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up picture... Neat remote.

You mentioned that it integrates with the factory alarm. Is it a requirement to have the factory alarm, or does it provide a 3rd party alarm in case your car is not equipped with the factory option?

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
so could one just get an aftermarket alarm like a viper, would it work with the car, (85 SEL), i would like to get remote start if i can

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Got mine done in November and works great! I feel like I drive a new car sometimes.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
you got a viper done?

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
I have a Viper as well. I have had it for a few years, and love it!! Just got it back from a warranty claim about a month ago. Don't know how I ever managed without it. Oh yeah, no worries, the warranty claim was because I "tampered with" the control module, resulting in an output being short circuted.

·
Registered
573 Posts
what model of the viper range works with the w126 (air locks and all), and what all features does it have?

·
Premium Member
89' 560SEL, 92' 300CE
417 Posts
which model???

Those who have it installed, what model did you use? That way I'd know what to look for. I'd really like that keyless entry.

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
Any model Viper system will work with the w126. The installers just need to reprogram the brain to send the unlock signal for at least 3 seconds, which is required to power up our vacuum locks. I have a Viper 600esp, which an old model, but still works perfectly. I purchased the unit from Circuit City, who no longer carries Viper, but will resume carrying Viper in about 2 months time.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
thats a good point abt the vacuums.
i used to have some chapman or something alarm in my car, but then i donno what happened, either it wasnt installed well and was draining the battery or somethng but thats when the car was in the shits and wouldnt start.

when i did revive the car i pondered abt geting another alarm, but my mechanic said that these are impossible to steal?????

still, tho, will the system i have in here, i need protection, i think

whats peoples opinion on lojack?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts