Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
E-320
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CD changer in 99 E-320 has stopped working fianlly. it had been showing some intermittent issues for few years and every so often it would display no magazine - even when the magazne was very much present with the CD's inside the changer, a few ejects and reloads would kind of solve the problem but now the CD's refuse to eject - teh green light flickers but the magazine is stuck inside the changer.

Anyways I am thinking of getting a new CD player / radio installed at Best Buy and I was recommended an Alpine unit.
Are there any recommendations and things I need to worry about - will the Alpine unit work without any issues or modifications ? I was told there could be a possibility of some re-wiring in case the signal out of the MB stock head is not what the after market cd palyers take ( low vs high) and if that is the case there would be an additional $80 charge for that on top of the $100 installation charges that includes the CD player install and the harnesss and other material.
Please advise.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can save yourself a lot of money doing the installation yourself, and it's not hard. You're going to need the following items:
Metra 40-VW12 (antenna adapter)
Metra 70-1786 (wiring harness)
Mercedes Benz radio release keys

You can order the harness and antenna adapter from Amazon or SonicElectronix.com SonicElectronix.com also has really good prices on head units as well.

The radio release keys are available from Ebay, just search: Mercedes Benz Radio Release Keys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts