Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought OEM xenon replacements for my 2001 e-class. I am wondering if any of you can provide a link for instructions etc. to help me install them. thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there,<br>
<br>
Maybe you know this already<br>
<br>
I'm afraid they are not just straight swap. The power unit is separate. You also need a new wiring loom and a control unit. This is a complicated and expensive swap. If you have purchased all the original MB parts this will have cost you $2000 plus the Headlamps. Maybe a few more dollars to get it fitted by a Pro would not hurt.<br>
<br>
Best regards Steve

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve - thanks for the help (more)

Now it has occured to me that I have only bought the acutal headlamps....now could I buy for example a phillips 6000k H.I.D. kit and use that ballast etc...along with my xenons? They say they uses the same system as OEM xenon kits??? could that possibly work?<br> <br> Thanks for all the help<br> <br> Brandon

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Steve - thanks for the help (more)

Hi There,<br>
<br>
Maybe you should lodge a want with the many online-MB breakers and look out for the proper parts from a late wrecker. They are usually pretty Good at finding stuff quickly.<br>
<br>
I suppose you could use the philips kit but thats not cheap (Especially if it dont match up too well, maybe talk to Philips direct first.) I think better to hang out for the correct other bits !!<br>
<br>
Regards Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts