Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 500E
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My 1992 300SE has the BOSE stereo with Becker 1432 AM/FM/Cassette that has the prewiring for installing the CD changer. I purchased a changer (Mercedes model number MC3196NA)
from a user on Ebay and I was wondering if any of you know how to connect it. The Ebay seller also included a black box that has model number MX3192(description on label says ZB Verstarker (interface)) on it, and 3 differnet cables. Do I need all of this since mine is pre-wired? Can I just locate the plug from the car and connect to the MC3196NA?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Best Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
In 92 they had a 2 piece radio, there is a dash portion with the cassette drive, the output of that is routed via a large din cable to the tuner at the base of the rear wheel, the output of that goes to the "BOSE amp" on top of the rear wheel. When the changer is installed, the Din cable is unplugged and a extension is plugged in which goes to the changer.There is a cable that pugs into the previous jack on the tuner so the "CD changer" is series. The power is supplied by a y cable that is plugged into the tuner and also feeds the "CD".
In my 92 I had the origional Silverstone 10 CD changer, which ran my battery down (common issue) and dont plan on having it repaired, so I removed it. The one that failed was reconditioned by Becker many years ago. I hope you purchsed the correct one (91-93)The MC number does not ring a bell, and there is no pre-wire The very substantial case bolts to the top of the wheel well and the CD sides into it and is held by four screws. look at the web site it shows the radios and changers http://www.mercedesradiorepair.com/

·
Registered
94 S-420; 91 300SL; 88 300TE; 84 190D; 01 GMC Denali
235 Posts
Peter:

Do you still have your non-functioning 10 CD changer? Would you want to sell it? And how much would you sell it for?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1993 500E
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the post, Peter.

Yes, I have the 2 piece head unit/tuner setup you mentioned. Also, when I purchased the CD changer, the previous owner did include a y cable for the power and then (2) large din( looks like s-video for TV)cables. That black box piece I mentioned also has inputs that would accept these large din cables. Do you think that needs to be used as well?

As for the CD Changer (MC3196NA), can anyone verify that this will work in my 92 300SE that is pre-wired for cd change?. Mercedes part number is 002 820 5989. It is a non-fiber unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts