Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys , I just bought a SEC500 1982 black color but original color is SIGNAL RED , so I will paint the car back to the original color , one doubt ... are the fenders inside color , this is black or follows the car color ? thanks

·
SuperModerator
13,268 Posts
Welcome. I do love them in signal Red. I've taken these bits off before but for some reason I don't remember. I think they would be dark coloured on the reverse side?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. I do love them in signal Red. I've taken these bits off before but for some reason I don't remember. I think they would be dark coloured on the reverse side?
Mine now is dark color with "rubber" thick protecion. Not sure if this is "original" or must be red ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think color will be great , will be the only one SIGNAL RED SEC500 in Brazil as I heard from other MB owners...

·
SuperModerator
13,268 Posts
I don't see many in this colour anywhere. I think it's really nice. There was a couple in the UK for sale recently, both very nice but one really excellent. Very expensive though, like £20,000 I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks , this car came in Brazil 1982 imported by the "Gabon Embassy" at that time was quite impossible in Brazil to import cars due to "market protection" and currency inflation, the embassies were the only one authorized to import cars , so hundreds of classic mercedes in the 80's were imported from Embassys and later sold locally.I have all paper like import license , forms and also whom they sold the car later . Actually most of the people never checked the data card , I was lucky to find this rare oem color.

·
Registered
119 Posts
where in Brasil?
we used to live in Porto Alegre/somos gauchos (see that's why I want the members' location noted also...if is interesting and sometimes helps to answer questions). for what it's worth my fenders under the hood are white, as is the car, but the wheel wells have some sort of gunk to protect from rust/salt.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Going back to under body colour my car is 1989 W124 its the same under body paint as the main colour of body other than a heavy coat of grey sealant around rust prone areas like the inner wheel arches May be the same idea for yours as the years are close to one another .

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Inner wheel openings are body color without clear coat. Similar to the engine bay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts