Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title suggests... just looking for how others have managed to keep bugs at bay....

specifically spiders.... have 1 by the mirror and another by the rear bumper.

Honestly... happy i dont have raccoons, squirrels and other animals living in the w163... SUCH LARGE GAPS ! lol

How have others dealt with the above "nuisance" ... of course... prefer preventive measures... but... if all else fails...

·
Premium Member
4,502 Posts
Surface spray after a wash in all the gaps should keep the pesky little suckers away.
In my garage I’ve put an ultrasonic pest thing in the power point in between my cars and that has kept all the rats from hanging out in the engine bay to keep warm at night. Haven’t had any since I put it in.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surface spray after a wash in all the gaps should keep the pesky little suckers away.
In my garage I’ve put an ultrasonic pest thing in the power point in between my cars and that has kept all the rats from hanging out in the engine bay to keep warm at night. Haven’t had any since I put it in.
what surface spray do you use ? I've been reading mixtures of lemon oil and soap water...

·
Premium Member
4,502 Posts
what surface spray do you use ? I've been reading mixtures of lemon oil and soap water...
Just buy some insect surface spray at cosco or wallmart.
We had our whole house sprayed and don’t really have a spider problem anymore. I had a problem a few years ago with spiders on the rear view mirrors.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Also have one of these in our garage as well as in the basement for the last 20+ years. They work well for bugs (spiders, etc.) Also have one for rodents in the garage but we also have made sure that any small openings are wire meshed correctly to prevent the pesky's from entering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts