Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options to service, replace, rebuild, rebuild kits, ????? the injection pumps on these cars? Thank you

·
Registered
96 E300D
817 Posts
IMHO the injector pump is best left to someone who does it for a living. The only thing I touch is the alda and timing the start of delivery.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
If you managed to tear the Fuel Injection Pump Down and put it back together properly you would still need some equipment to set it up properly; the main one is the Test Stand to run the Fuel Injection Pump on to set the Fuel anounts.
The Test Stand is extremely expensive.
If you had all the equipment you would still need the Calibration Secifications.

If you are haveing a problem with your Fuel Injection Pump and it really is a problem withe the Fuel Injection Pump most people just get a used one.

·
Registered
1981 240D
185 Posts
looking for advice to remove Bendix calipers, front on a 1982 300 SD
You hijacked someone's thread. This thread is about injection pumps, not brakes. Also, you are in the wrong chassis section. A 1982 300SD is a W126 chassis.

·
Registered
1985 300td, 1983 Datsun Maxima Diesel
513 Posts
What are the options to service, replace, rebuild, rebuild kits, ????? the injection pumps on these cars? Thank you
Hi
These injector pumps don't often fail. But if yours has, used ones from PnP here is Houston run about $75 and seem to be available on a regular basis. This for the 617 engine. You don't say what engine you have.

Rebuilding the IP is not a DIY project.

An authorized Bosch shop will charge about $500 to tear the pump down plus whatever parts are needed to fix it. This is with you removing the pump and taking it to them. Then of course you will have to install & time it.

What makes you think yours is bad?

Good Luck,
Joseph

·
Registered
1984 300dt 400000km, 1985 300dt 194000km, 2005 golf tdi 112000km, 2005 odyssey(wife's van)
207 Posts
Hi
These injector pumps don't often fail. But if yours has, used ones from PnP here is Houston run about $75 and seem to be available on a regular basis.
Joseph
Hi jkubica,
Could you give me more info on what pnp is? I am looking circa used injector pump myself. I googled pnp but found nothing. Perhaps you can get back to me on detailed company name, web address, number etc.....
Thank you.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
Hi jkubica,
Could you give me more info on what pnp is? I am looking circa used injector pump myself. I googled pnp but found nothing. Perhaps you can get back to me on detailed company name, web address, number etc.....
Thank you.
A pnp = An Automobile Junk/Salvage Yard where you remove the parts from the Vehicles yourself. Because you removed the part yourself it cost less than if you went to a Junk Yard where an employee of the yard removed the part.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
I forgot to answer the part of you question concerning rebuild kits.
At least for the 123s in the Mercedes online parts catalog they show a complete Fuel Injection Pump Gasket kit.

Also, any Bosch Fuel Injection shop could supply a complet Gasket kit if they were willing to sell it to you.
A local shop might be not want to sell one but the larger Fuel Injection Rapair shops lik US Diesel in Texas would most likely sell you one.

·
Registered
1985 300td, 1983 Datsun Maxima Diesel
513 Posts
Hi jkubica,
Thank you.
Hi,
PnP is just slang for a self-service junk yard where the customer removes his (her) own parts. Also called You Pull It, Pick and Pull, Pick a Part & etc.

One such is LQK in various cities.

Parts from PnP are generally a good deal cheaper that from a full service yard.
Joseph

1 - 11 of 11 Posts