Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. My friend and I are working on restoring a 1975 Mercedes 450 sel V8 4.5 liter. The fuel injectors weren't working in some of the cylinders, so we got some out of the salvage yard from a 1976 450 sel. Will these injectors work? (we haven't pulled the old ones, previous owner said the injectors didn't work) If not, what other year injectors are compatible? Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you're going to go through the trouble of replacing the injectors, then you might as well get new ones. You run the risk of getting ones from a boneyeard that are just as bad or close to it. Do it right the first time. And when you say they aren't working, what does that mean? If fuel is getting to the injectors, but just not getting through, then yeah, they are probably just clogged and new ones should take care of it. But if no fuel is even getting to some of the injectors, you have more of a problem, like a fuel distributor. As far as which injectors...try this link. Just go to online catalog, enter year and model of car and go to the part. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts