Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was trying to cahnge the injectors seal on my w210 E320cdi and due to the fact the seal had gone for some time there was a lot of black stuff that was stuck to the injectors and nut. After removing the black stuff i tried to unlock the bracket nut. In the process it broke in half. The braket is off but the other half of the nut is still in there. Please can anyone help me remove that and also the tools i need to remove the injector as it seems to be stuck also

Thanks

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
Hello Nutter and welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to complete your user profile with your location and vehicle model and year.

I don't know much about your engine, since we never saw a CDI in a 210 over here, but we do have members from out of the states.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was trying to cahnge the injectors seal on my w210 E320cdi and due to the fact the seal had gone for some time there was a lot of black stuff that was stuck to the injectors and nut. After removing the black stuff i tried to unlock the bracket nut. In the process it broke in half. The braket is off but the other half of the nut is still in there. Please can anyone help me remove that and also the tools i need to remove the injector as it seems to be stuck also

Thanks
Hi, Nutter, my welcome also. As noted please complete your BW profile as that is useful and helpful information.

I can't help you with the injectors themselves, but I'm assuming you mean BOLT and not nut. You'll need a good drill and a quality EZ-Out to get the remainder of the bolt out. Drill straight down the center, insert the EZ-Out and remove. It can't hurt to spray it with a good penetrating oil before starting the process. There are two basic kinds of EZ-Outs, the pound-in and the twist-in; personally I've always had better luck with the twist-in variety, especially on smaller bolts. You can find them at any good hardware store and most auto-parts stores. Be careful when using either variety, if you break it off in the fastener, you're really in trouble.

The other alternative would be to drill out the remainder of the bolt and then use a heli-coil kit to refresh the threads.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts