Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 E350 4matic wagon 2013 SL550
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Checking to see if there is a knowledge / experience pool out there regarding the keyless lock system. Mine works most of the time the passenger door works 95% of the time, drivers door about 60% and the rear has never worked since I have owned the car. In addition, the red led does not work on the drivers side. I just had the car painted and upon dissasembly/reassembly it seems the lites got reversed - at least on the drivers door. Red flashes when opening is this even possible? Passenger side lites are now not working at all even though I can hear the mechanism work. Is this a function of bad connections, defective sensors, burnt out led's ? or the processing / control unit. Can't seem to find a pattern of any sort. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My car is generally clean and has not seen harsh conditions. (southern Calif Car)
Thanks

·
Registered
97 SL500
226 Posts
My 97 was not having quite the symptoms of your car but it was intermittantly not working. The PO, my dad, at the suggestion of the dealership got one new key and it didn't help, so they suggested a $1000 brain and wouldn't guarantee that would fix the problem. I fixed the problem for little more then the cost of one key. I had an aftermarket alarm installed (Clifford G5), it wires directly to the locking module in the trunk and I've not had a door lock issue since...plus I now have a glass breakage sensor and proximity sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts