Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

W220 Moderator
@Kraut56 @Skylaw ,

It was me that edited his post together with a pm !!

I had hoped as I got to it early today that no one had seen it, silly me lol ;)

I've also edited yours, (Kraut56) too ....................

Guys let's keep it off the Forum please, I'd rather not start a debate / war on the subject :wink

Cheers Dave

Banned
Discussion Starter #62
Wow;
What I meant with my comment about jews was stinginess/accountants engineering cars.... which is exactly what happened under J眉rgen Schrempp.

Wow y鈥檃ll are a sensitive bunch

Banned
Discussion Starter #64
Update on the vibration;
After pulling the driveshaft, the joint had a bit of clunking in it at the joint.

I did some research and I鈥檓 going to have it remanufactured. Cost: $450 w/tax. The differential is nice and stuck in there, I initially suspected that might be causing trouble.

I have a rubber piece coming in to fix the front suspension strut pieces. Hopefully with all this done, the car will finally be perfect, and I mean perfect.

W220 Moderator
Wow;
What I meant with my comment about jews was stinginess/accountants engineering cars.... which is exactly what happened under J眉rgen Schrempp.

Wow y鈥檃ll are a sensitive bunch
I got what you meant.

Others did not.

Judging by all the Private Messages a lot of guys were offended, and / or just plain annoyed.

I do not want to see another reference to this incident "On Forum" please, all we ask is that everyone refrains from anything which could be seen as Inflammatory by others ...............
For example (but not exhaustive), Race, Religion, Politics, Sexuality .................................etc etc

Now that's said, END OF STORY !! .

Quote:-

Update on the vibration;
After pulling the driveshaft, the joint had a bit of clunking in it at the joint.

I did some research and I鈥檓 going to have it remanufactured. Cost: $450 w/tax. The differential is nice and stuck in there, I initially suspected that might be causing trouble.

I have a rubber piece coming in to fix the front suspension strut pieces. Hopefully with all this done, the car will finally be perfect, and I mean perfect.

I am glad you have at last found something which looks like it is causing your problem, and look forward to the outcome.

Regards Dave

Registered
So it was 02 sensors?? According to your other thread anyway. I did not know they caused an engine to vibrate at specific speeds. I have found they will usually throw a code when they fail.

I am experiencing squeaking in the rear suspension. My Steelman Electronic Ear identified three bushings. When I locate the parts I am doing all of the aged rubber. You may want to consider the same. It is hard to put the full load on bushings by hand. They may feel nice and tight on the lift but when you throw a couple tons of weight on them it is a different story.

Banned
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
So it was 02 sensors?? According to your other thread anyway. I did not know they caused an engine to vibrate at specific speeds. I have found they will usually throw a code when they fail.

I am experiencing squeaking in the rear suspension. My Steelman Electronic Ear identified three bushings. When I locate the parts I am doing all of the aged rubber. You may want to consider the same. It is hard to put the full load on bushings by hand. They may feel nice and tight on the lift but when you throw a couple tons of weight on them it is a different story.
Which bushings did you find?

The oxygen sensors removed an engine vibration, which wasn鈥檛 related to the driveline vibration I鈥檓 hunting. But, replacing them caused the engine to run so smooth I had an orgasm and had to share with everyone.

I鈥檓 still skeptical on the bushings because they are 200k miles old, but right now my suspicion lies with the differential and the front suspension top bushings being shitty/destroyed (See post 56).
I鈥檝e ordered a literal piece of rubber ($10) to [racism]-rig the front suspension as recommended by this fix.

The differential rebuild will take a week probably, so I鈥檒l report back on that. Worse case I鈥檒l have to replace all four ABC struts, and while I鈥檓 at it also do all the suspension bushings.

What I noticed is that when I went over bumps in the road, a vibration would form that would propagate sort of all over the chassis. Maybe it鈥檚 the front suspension bushings being bad combined with the differential joint being stuffy working in unison.

I hope this solves it, and then I can ride on cloud nine drive around in bliss before handing the car back to my mom.

Banned
Discussion Starter #72
I鈥檝e ordered 4 ABC struts. They need replacing, there鈥檚 no way around it. The rubber bushing trick helped quite a bit, but I鈥檓 hesitant to leave it as a permanent solution because I do think it changes the level of the car, no?

And can this rubber bushing trick be applied to the back struts? Anyone know?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts