Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CD changer is starting to go in my 2000 ML430. I've searched the forums for possible head unit replacements but most seem to detail changing to a nav unit with DVD playback etc. All I'm really interested in is a basic unit that takes MP3 CD's. I'm not an audiophile and I'm also not interested in a nav unit or satellite radio or watching movies. I have seen that you can get a two DIN insert that would let me fix a single DIN unit into the space of the existing MCS. I've also seen that it can be difficult to get a new stereo that will work with the Bose amps etc in the truck. Does anyone have any advice on the subject. I'd like to get a replacement that would cost about the same or less than getting a new changer without the hassle of having to go into the back every time I wanted to change the CD's. Thanks in advance for any info or advice anyone has.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The Bose unit sounds fine with most aftermarket stereos. If your CD changer is going out why are you replacing the head unit, just get a new CD changer. If you are looking for a MCS then there is a member selling one for $175 depending on the model you may also be able to replace your changer fairly cheap as well. Good Luck!

·
Registered
421 Posts
With a 2000 model year, your looking at easy options. You could go to best buy and have a unit that plays everything installed for around $175.

As far as a double din goes....Easy.If you want to spend a little more, get the Pioneer double din dash kit and pick your unit. Everything will splice into the bose amp and sound good.

An 02 and newer. Yuck on this project...not nearly as easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts