Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1985 380sl - charcoal grey w/lt grey interior
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all,

a few months ago i was looking on ebay and found inexpensive catalytic converters for the 2000 E320...front and rear/left and right were available and these were the style that needed to be welded into the existing pipes...they were about [email protected]

i looked yesterday on ebay and found nothing...only the complete pipe units for $500-$700?

anyone have any idea where i can find just the inexpensive cat converters?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
STEP ONE: COMPLETE YOUR USER PROFILE FOR VEHICLE AND LOCATION.

Location is critical for the question you posed.

Step 2...STICKIES, it's all there. If you want more, SEARCH will find all you need, including part numbers...unless you're in California (see STEP ONE).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
greg,

i'm in seattle wa....i added my info to my profile...thx

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
The ideal substitute weld-in option for the rear cats is the Magnaflow 53005, the best supplier for them I found when looking was allexhaust.com (great price, free shipping, etc.).

Someone posted an appropriate sub for the front one (sometime this year, probably in the last six months) if that's the one that's bad, try a search. The rears seem to be the ones that fail most frequently.

If you're not doing the welding and you have to replace both on one side or the other, you may find in the end it's cheaper or easier to buy one of the aftermarket bolt-in options, since it's pretty easy to change out in your driveway with basic tools. You'll also have a warranty you can claim yourself if need be, which as a practical matter you won't really have with the weld-in options.

The front one is more difficult to swap out, so labor on it might be as much as $100 to swap (which doesn't include the cost of the cat).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these are the fronts...i need rears

these are the curved fronts and i need the straight rears.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i input my cars information: 2000 mercedes E320 the magnaflow website says this model#53005 will not fit my car??

will the 53005 fit my car for sure???...anyone??

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
when i input my cars information: 2000 mercedes E320 the magnaflow website says this model#53005 will not fit my car??

will the 53005 fit my car for sure???...anyone??
Yes it will, as I stated above.

They are high-flow, so I'd suggest doing both at the same time.

Magnaflow's site recommendations are based on EPA certs, not on simple fit. But that is the correct unit and yes it will work properly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks greg!!...much appreciated!!...i will order both and change out both sides

1 - 10 of 10 Posts