Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought mine and it didnt have the phone does anyone know what blongs in there?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
I bought mine and it didnt have the phone does anyone know what blongs in there?
What came with the car originally was a Motorola MicroTAC. You don't want to put that in your car because almost no one will activate it now. You should put a V60 kit or a Nokia 6310i kit (I recommend the Nokia, but I may be biased).

-s-

·
Registered
'06 CLS500 '01 CLK320, '84 300D
531 Posts
MBNZ makes a kit for the 6310? I have the kit for the StarTAC/Timeport, and I have no use ...

MBNZ makes a kit for the 6310? I have the kit for the StarTAC/Timeport, and I have no use for it now that I have GSM service thru AT&T Wireless. Anyone know what this goes for, and can I just replace the wiring and cradle or do I have to do the brain too???

·
Registered
2003 E500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a startac will it work ???...

I have a startac will it work ???

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not unless it's a Mercedes Star Tac. A normal star tac will not work....

Not unless it's a Mercedes Star Tac. A normal star tac will not work.

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
Re: MBNZ makes a kit for the 6310? I have the kit for the StarTAC/Timeport, and I have no

MBNZ makes a kit for the 6310? I have the kit for the StarTAC/Timeport, and I have no use for it now that I have GSM service thru AT&T Wireless. Anyone know what this goes for, and can I just replace the wiring and cradle or do I have to do the brain too???
You need the phone, the brain, and the cradle. That should do it.

You'll also get better reception if you replace the antenna, but it's not required.

-s-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts