Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my outside temp reading mess up somehow. Some parts of the digits are missing, is this something that the warranty would cover? Another problem is when i turn on the heat at about 1000-1200 Rpm the car makes a humming noise. When i turn off the heat its fine. Also, my passenger side headrest is no longer functioning at all. Would this be covered under the Extended Starmark warranty (2000 CLK320)? where can i find out what the extended starmark warranty covers and what it doesnt?

thanks in advance for reading

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
1) Temp Gauge Reading: bad instrument cluster...do a search; tons of posts on this. May be Starmark covered, if not it's about $900.
2) Noise when heater is on: no idea.
3) Headrest/Starmark: Call MBUSA or your dealer

Friendly advice: you need to give people time to respond to your posts...more than 7 hours, especially on a weekday. [;)]

Good luck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about that.. but thank you so much for ur reply. i was wondering if i can email and ask mbusa if a specific item is covered, because the dealer wont tell me until i get it diagnosted from them and sign the paper with the possible diagnose fee $250.00.

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
I've never had a starmark warranty but it would seem reasonable that you could ask them and they'd tell you.

·
BenzWorld W208 Host
140 Posts
I can only advice regarding the temp gauge. On my friends 2002, CLK 320 convertible his temp gauge started to do similar things to what you are describing, after three months it started working as normal and has been fine ever since. CLK's have electrical gremlins so dont worry too much. Good luck

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can anyone get me the phone number for starmark i looked all over the web i didnt manage to find it...

thanks

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
rk3685 - 4/15/2006 4:10 PM

can anyone get me the phone number for starmark i looked all over the web i didnt manage to find it...

thanks
1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (if this isn't the right number they can provide it to you...)

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
rk3685 said:
that number cant be right thats too many digits
The number is correct. Might want to do some homework before you comment. Companies always do this...they spell out the name and even if the digits exceed 10 digits it doesn't matter when you dial...

·
Registered
1999 clk 320
14 Posts
call 18002220100 tell all the problems you have but if you tow it ,tow it on your own expense because mercedes will charge you,Tow it to your nearest merecedes dealship.They will fix and the problems under starmark even the cluster I just had mine change recently under starkmark .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts