Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone edit these pics of Talbirs wicked SEC to have the lower cladding and bumpers in the standard medium grey/silver code 7176???

Attachments

·
Always Remembered. RIP.
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
Not exactly sure what that shade of grey looks like but, here's something
I think the colour you're asking for normally seems a bit brighter but, as it's contrasted against white it appears darker, plus the fact that the car is in the shade...let me know if it should be lighter (or darker)

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW awesome thanks Damon, now the question is which one to go with, the white or the grey?

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
In my humble opinion on standard 126's the two tone works well (more so on pre facelift cars) but on later cars and all those with spoilers skirts etc one color looks better :)

·
Registered
1984 Euro 500 SEC & 1987 190E 2.6
201 Posts
I think with the white colored car, it should have either color matched bumpers and cladding, or darker cladding and bumpers than in the pics above.

ie:

Although, I am partial to this look, as that is what I have on my 190. My 190 was the earlier kind with only trim strips, and not cladding. Well I got some of the cladding(and the bumpers that go with it)from a black 190. The white 190's have a light gray cladding, whereas the black ones have a dark gray cladding. So, imo, go with the color matched, or go with a darker grey on the bottom.

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the edits and opinions guys, the car will have a full 2nd gen AMG kit with silver aero 1's. Im going to go white with the cladding and kit Ive decided.
I wanted to know the look of the white/grey combo with kit, as I know a sec that has the lighter blue colour like Talbirs 560se with the lower cladding and bodykit in that medium grey, which I think looks pretty good.

·
Premium Member
1987 560 sec impala metalflake over cream
1,129 Posts
Not exactly sure what that shade of grey looks like but, here's something
I think the colour you're asking for normally seems a bit brighter but, as it's contrasted against white it appears darker, plus the fact that the car is in the shade...let me know if it should be lighter (or darker)

im jumping in if i may? seems your all done? im painting the front bumper on a 560 us, color impala, would like to see the front view with the lower grill in black,the section between the fog lights, much apreciated if you could!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts