46,416 Posts
Werner's Garage is in Fort Wayne:

7804 Fritz Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46818-9306
(260) 489-3434

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
I actually have been there -- nice clean shop, but know them better by reputation. It's been a while, the shop has been there for many years, but Werner has always had a good reputation -- fair and knowledgeable in regard to Mercedes. This is a repair facility, not a body shop. If you're in Fort Wayne and you have a Mercedes, I can't imagine going anywhere else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try Mercedes-Benz of Fort Wayne
7227 W. Jefferson Blvd
Phone: 260-432-7200
Fax: 260-436-6234

I was there yesterday having service done. They were very helpful and friendly. I had the following service done to my 99 SLK

Oil Change
new seal on the oil level sensor
new front brakes and rotors

Cost: $593.27 tax and all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my gosh, I just picked up my car for a service B today and was a little irritated. Normally I am very happy with them and their services but I had them order a new front R wheel well panel and they accidently got the part for the L wheel well. So they were going to have my car for a total of 3 days for just a servicing. I was upset because I had no loaner and they kept on coming up with new things to service.

I finally just asked them to get the part and I will find time to bring my car in to get that part in. Maybe it is just that, I have experienced nothing but top notch servicing from MB Dealerships that if there is any type of mess up my feathers have been ruffled!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do want to try Werner's. I need to get new front breaks and am thinking about brakes that will fit my car with low/no break dust. I have heard of the Quad quiet breaks that are like a green color.

Do any of you know of better breaks for the front of my car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
RE: Brakes

I don't know about those. I have always had excellent results when I use ceramic brakes, quite, great stopping power, no dust!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually have been there -- nice clean shop, but know them better by reputation. It's been a while, the shop has been there for many years, but Werner has always had a good reputation -- fair and knowledgeable in regard to Mercedes. This is a repair facility, not a body shop. If you're in Fort Wayne and you have a Mercedes, I can't imagine going anywhere else.
do you know if they are good at transmission work?
or possibly a good transmission shop

·
Registered
29 Posts
Werner's Garage is in Fort Wayne:

7804 Fritz Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46818-9306
(260) 489-3434
Yes! That place is great! It is funny because it is in the middle of the country, at a house, and then there is this HUGE multiple bay workshop there where they work on all of the cars. Authentic German techs and fair prices. When I used to live in Fort Wayne I went there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My friend owns werners, they have been really good for us. Another good place to go is the Volkswagen Dealer, Vorderman VW, they service mercedes as well and Dave Vorderman does great bodywork.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been buying and getting service for 20 years from Mercedes of Fort Wayne (used to be Shaver Automotive). Same techs and reps have been there since day 1 so they are a reputable operation. They do recommend by the book (it's their job) so if you don't like to follow recommendations you will have to say no...

·
Registered
47 Posts
My friend owns werners, they have been really good for us. Another good place to go is the Volkswagen Dealer, Vorderman VW, they service mercedes as well and Dave Vorderman does great bodywork.
Werner's Garage was always great to us! We had many Benz and took them there when we lived around the area...I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Werners

As luck would have it, I was just at Werners today with my newly acquired 300SE in for inspection. Werners is a good shop, honest and very knowledgeable. Since the car is new to me I had them go thru it with a test drive to determine where I stand. Soooo... A new EHA valve, replace the motor and transmission mounts, clean the throttle body, replace the fuel filter and replace the totally deteriorated hood pad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts