Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,885 Posts
In dash phone removal

There is a metal bracket in the storsge box (above the vents) that holds the control unit. MB has a tool to remove but if you take two thin blades,(knife) and go along the top you should find the catches if you push them up(away from the control) it should release the unit. There are a couple of cables attached which need to be unplugged. If the bracket bothers you the bin can be slid out after removing two screws at the rear, the bracket can be removed, and the bin re-installed.
Depending on the year you also can remove the cradle/handset in the console, it is a matter of removing the screws on either side and then removing the hangup cup a stiff brush will brush up the nap. Keep the pieces. I recently saw an ad from someone who wanted a phone just to display the car as shipped!

· Registered
See signature
60 Posts
First of all, are BJL your initials? That was the original company name I was going to use...

First of all, are BJL your initials? That was the original company name I was going to use for a custom computer business I was going to start.

For the phone, if you get that out of there, depending on how much lateral space is under there, you can attach an LCD to the cover that pops up so it will carry up the LCD with it, and go back into place when you shut it. Use a simple bracket to attach the top of the LCD to the bottom of the inside of that cover. You could run your wires down the center console to the head unit below. That would be perfect for installing an LCD to run with the Clarion Joyride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.