Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded my non-COMAND 2007 CLK W209 Cabriolet with a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT double-din navigation unit.

In general, I love it. Great navigation interface, built-in traffic, voice control, Pandora from my iPhone over Bluetooth, etc etc.

Strangely, however, the only thing that has gotten markedly worse after the upgrade is AM/FM radio reception. This is still pretty important to me. Reception was probably a "D" when I got it back from the installer. I called and brought it back in and they moved the antenna or something and now it's maybe a C+ on a good day and a C- on a bad day. Not exactly listenable.

The installer said the car has 5 antennas... all embedded in the glass, and aftermarket radios don't have access to them. Is this true? If so, is there anything else I can do to improve the situation? Is there some kickass aftermarket antenna I need to buy or something?

Thanks.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,845 Posts
You need to connect the radio's power antenna output to the antenna lead on the wiring harness in order to supply power to vehicle's antenna amplifier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts