Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, l posted the E50 1/4 mile times, and am looking to improve the performance of my car. Can anyone provide more infomation about "under drive pullys"
l have had a Powerchip installed, removed the cats and have K&N filters. Are there any other things that l can do that will improve the performance of the car without having to spend thousands of dollars?[?]

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Pulleys barely make any difference when you are talking RWHP. Best advice is to save up and go big once (supercharger).

Polishing hte intake manifold, grinding the valves, hotter cams, harder valve springs all add up to about 3-10 BHP, but then you'll feel as if you're driving a 82 Trans am since the idle will be real rough.

Alot of people are in favour of Nitrous Oxide nowdays as well and kits are getting better and better as the days go by. Maybe it's worth having a look at as well. Though i warn you not to go over a 50BHP shot setup (max 75BHP) otherwise you might melt/blow your head!

Good luck on whatever you chose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
l had a feeling that the superchsrger was the way to go, thanks for the advice.

So a NOS kit can be install in a E50 and the computer does not have any problems with it?

What would by the typical expected time improvment in the 1/4 mile with NOS?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
98-E430N, 94-400E
3 Posts
Nitrous will cause damage to the engine if set up wrong. I have installed nitrous setups on many german cars as far back as 1986. My E430 now uses correct safety overides that allow for an increase somewhere in the 200 hp -+ range. Turn off the traction control, put lever in 4rth , put speed at 109, have nitrous armed and purged and then floor the go pedal on a concrete interstate. This is what will happen! The right rear wheel will momentary spin, your car will hyperproject toward the horizon and YOUR SMILE will last for years to come. NEVER HAS ONE OF MY NITROUS JOBS CAUSED AN ENGINE FAILURE. DO IT RIGHT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts